EMC Preproduction SC
The first two switchers built by EMC in 1935 were build numbers
516 and 517 sold to the DL&W as number 425 and 426. Production
of the SC model began in 1936.
2/35 - 3/35
201A, in-line 8 cyl.
photo by: Ed Kaspriske
Railfan.net Image Archive
DL&W 426, oldest existing EMC switcher.
Restored by the Delaware-Lackawanna RR South Scranton Shop Forces.
Now powered by a 567C 6-cyl.
EMC built two pre-production SC units for the DL&W in 1935.
- built 2/1935, B/N 516
- sold to P&BR as no.108, 1946
- sold to S&H as no.28, 1947
- returned to P&BR in 1951 sold to Bethlehem Steel as no.108
- scrapped by Bethlehem in 1964
built 3/1935, B/N 517
- sold to P&BR as no.109, 1946
- sold to S&H as no.25, 1947
- returned to P&BR in 1951 sold to Bethlehem Steel as no.109
- restored and is used by the Delaware-Lackawanna,
a Genesee Valley Transportation owned
shortline that serves the Scranton, PA area.